Sutter Care at Home offers a personal, in-home monitoring program that combines home health care services with technology to help you better manage your chronic conditions at home.
How Does Telehealth Work?
- You will receive an easy-to-use home monitor to track your health condition daily.
- The monitor provides education on your medical condition.
- Blood pressure, pulse, weight and blood oxygen levels are measured and you will be prompted to answer questions about your health and how you are feeling.
- Your health information is automatically sent securely over the phone line or the system’s cellular connection to a Telehealth nurse in less than 30 seconds.
- The Telehealth nurse assesses your information to detect subtle changes in your condition. If needed, the nurse will call you, send a nurse out to make a home visit, or contact your doctor.
What Are The Benefits Of Telehealth?
- Provided at no additional cost to those who meet certain criteria while receiving home care services.
- Increases your awareness and self care of your medical condition while reducing emergency room visits and hospitalizations.
- Identifies trends in your health, allowing the care team to adjust treatment plans as needed.
- Encourages you to adhere to the prescribed care plan by reinforcing healthy behaviors.
- Provides peace of mind to you and your caregivers, knowing your health status is monitored seven days a week by the Telehealth nurse.
Patient Comments After Participating In The Telehealth Program
“It was very pleasant to have the monitor in my home and was better than being in the hospital. It’s a wonderful way to help patients in their home surroundings.”
“I found the monitor very helpful in keeping me on track and aware of my health daily. It was also comforting to realize if I had issues I would be contacted immediately.”
“Everyone was so friendly and helpful and seemed to really care about me.”