Maternity Services at Home
After delivery, a home visit from the experienced nurses of Sutter Care at Home will help insure a confident, healthy mother and a thriving baby.
Anyone may call and request home care services. Sutter Care at Home will coordinate care with your physician, who supervises the care you will receive.
Many health insurance plans cover home health care for mothers and newborn babies, as does Medicare and Medi-Cal. Staff will work with your insurance company to coordinate benefits.
To arrange for care, please call (800) 698-1273.
Mother-baby home health services may include:
- Initial visit 24-72 hours following delivery, in the privacy of mother's home
- Complete physical assessment of mother and baby
- Personalized plan of care
- Wound care for episiotomy or C-section
- Lactation/breastfeeding help and nutrition instruction
- Infant care instruction - feeding, bathing, signs of illness
- Jaundice assessment
- Supervision of phototherapy for jaundice, or other therapies as ordered
- Social work referrals, as needed
- Help with arranging home medical equipment, if needed
- Safety assessment of home