Home Health Compare: Quality Patient Care Star Ratings
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has developed a tool called Star Ratings to help families choose a home health care agency by providing publicly reported performance measures. Agencies receive a ranking with 1 to 5 stars, with 5 reflecting highest performance.
How does Sutter Care at Home rank?
Average rating for all Sutter Care at Home locations is 4 stars, with 2 locations earning 4.5! The home health trade associations report that only 26% of eligible home health agencies nationally receive 4 or more stars.
How are Star Ratings calculated?
The quality of patient care star rating summarizes 9 of the 29 quality measures reported on Home Health Compare. it provides a single indicator of an agency's performance compared to other agencies.
Process Measures (best practice)
- Timely initiation of care
- Drug education on all medications provided to patients/caregivers
- Influenza immunization received for current flu season
- Improvement in: ambulation, bed transferring, bathing, pain interfering with activity, shortness of breath
- Acute care hospitalization